I think I had the 12V error 10 months ago  (K3 #1255).
The 100W PA drops off-line and the K3 falls back to the 12W driver-amp.

Elecraft sent me the necessary parts to cure this problem in the mail. They also provided me with the quick (not dirty) field fix (6 pictures) in the e-mail.
Did the last one. Easy job.

No problems ever since. I'll forward the field fix directly to your address.

73,
Arie