Chuck wrote:

> The reason is that the KAT500 has more coarse component values... the values
> of capacitance for example are not as fine as on the K3. So the values on
> the K3 sometimes cannot be duplicated on the KAT500.

Hi Chuck,

I'm not sure where this idea came from, but I can assure you that the KAT500's
capacitors (and inductors) have exactly the same component tolerances as those
used in the KAT3.

What is different is the stray L and C. These always vary from one ATU design
to the next because of the different PCB layouts and toroid core sizes.

Operationally, the most important difference is that the KAT3 will try to match
some extremely high-SWR loads that the KAT500 will not, for safety reasons,
given the potential for much higher RF voltage and current.

73,
Wayne
N6KR