About a hundred years ago, I pointed to a mark on the airspeed indicator dial and asked my flight instructor, "What's that for?" He said, "Don't fly faster than that." When I asked him, "What happens if I do?", he replied, "The wings come off." Design limits do matter.

Before I bought my KPA500, I began running my 1,500 watt amp at 500 watts to see if I could tolerate the 4.8dB power reduction. I did it for about a year. I concluded I couldn't really tell any operational difference, so I bought the KPA500.

I really really doubt anyone would notice 1.6dB power increase ... on either end.