Dennis,

As one who is afflicted with peripheral neuropathy, I can somewhat empathize
with your situation.  Although I do have demonstrated decreased nerve
conduction velocity and numbness in my fingers, I'm still able to manage iambic
keying in the 35-40 wpm range.  If you're wanting to try "single-lever" keying,
you don't need a single-lever key.  Just use your iambic paddles in
single-lever fashion, that is do not squeeze, but close the dit and dah
contacts in sequence, not at the same time.  As a CW instructor, I encourage my
students to get an iambic paddle at the outset since it can be used in either
mode as their preference dictates after they try both methods.  A single-lever
paddle rules out iambic.  At least one other responder suggested experimenting
with varying the mechanical width of the lever finger piece(s).  I have several
iambic paddles and I do find a wider spacing more to my liking.

I think every CW operator has a unique set of parameters that work best for
him/her.  I'd recommend that you go ahead and try single-lever keying with your
iambic paddles as a first step.  Hopefully, you'll be able to then tweak other
parameters to get where you want to be.  Since you're still above 30 wpm in
copying ability, maybe you can find the sweet spot combination of paddle
configuration that will make it happen for you.

Good luck!

73

BILL GERTH, W4RK
Jefferson City, MO