Thank you Dick.  I will be returning to that QTH with another power supply and
cable,  deoxit and sandpaper to clean connections.  I did turn the offending
Astron supply off and on at the switch but didn't unplug it.  Would that have
been enough to reset the crowbar circuit?

Gary W7TEA

On Oct 4, 2013, at 1:23 PM, Richard Fjeld [via Elecraft]
<ml-node+s365791n7579576...@n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> This may be premature, but if you don't find trouble, it could have been that
> the 'crowbar' circuit on the regulator board may have operated to protect
> your radio from high voltage, in which case doing a power cycle on the PS
> will have reset it.
>
> We had a thread relating to this one year ago.
>
> I have seen the crowbar circuit operated in several power supplies without a
> fuse blowing.  The PS just cooked until reset.  Not much of a problem if the
> PS is attended, but some of the power supplies were un-attended and got quite
> hot.
>
> I have looked into the possibility of modifying the circuit to blow a fuse
> when this happens, but it would be a thread of it's own.
>
> Dick, n0ce

-----
73,

Gary W7TEA  K3 #1001, #5763