Make sure that the CONFIG:KPA3 setting shows nor, which just means
installed and not bypassed.

Try running the TX gain calibration.  1W is pretty far off from a 100W
full scale, but at least the procedure will give you some idea if
there is something wrong besides the gain setting.

I believe support will ask you to run the calibration anyway, prior to
any other remedy.

73,
matt W6NIA

On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 12:50:17 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Hello to list, I recently acquired a K3/100 sn# 248 that has been working
>great up today.
Just made a few CW contacts but today  can only get 1 watt out
regardless of power setting into dummy load.  KXV3 set to nor.  Cables
all okay, grounds okay.  This is a wonderful radio with many features
and I am guessing I have misadjusted something but having rechecked
CONFIG/MAIN settings etc cannot see obvious reason for problem. Any
hints much appreciated. 73, John VE3LZ

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
www.elecraft.com
831-763-4211  x129