Another tweak would also be nice . . .

Either of two modifications would be nice when the main KX3 VFO knob has been replaced with the 73CNC weighted tuning knob (http://www.73cnc.com/product_p/kx3deluxe.htm). I am assuming both the SideKX and the 73CNC people will look to the other to make the necessary correction, so in the end probably nothing will end up happening.

The problem is that the 73CNC weighted tuning knob, while an exact duplicate of the stock KX3 knob, ends up being "a silly little millimeter" taller than necessary to clear the plastic cover. The curve of the cover is just enough lower that itcannot snap "cleanly" onto the KX3. While barely managing to clear therow of buttons, it DOES put those buttons at risk.

One can live with it if one is carefulwhenplacing the cover on the radio, but the cover cannot completely snap in place with the 73CNC knob installed.

It should be noted, however, that the 73CNC weighted knob was machined to be an exact duplicate of the KX3 knob, which it is, and is beautifully done.Clearly, 73CNC was unaware of the SideKX cover when the weighted knob was being designed.Perhaps likewise for the SideKX people. In any event, it's neither manufacture's fault. But a tallercover would be nice and probably the easiest to remedy.

73,

Kent K9ZTV