To those who stopped by to "kick the tires" on the KX3 with 2 meters --

Thanks for all the positive comments and suggestions. And thanks to Eric who,
in something like two minutes, searched the vendor booths and scored a whip
with an SMA connector for the demo.

The firmware was in a pretty primitive state, but you got the idea. Someone
asked why I had RIT and XIT both turned on, and I didn't get a chance to
explain: it's because I haven't yet adjusted the VFO temperature-compensation
algorithm on this band, so I had to manually correct the offset. Of course this
won't be necessary when the code is finished.

Given the enthusiasm for this addition to the KX3, which I may have
underestimated, we're going to try to get the kinks out in a hurry so field
testing can start. Among other things, we have to do another pass on the custom
shield for the module, and design the final 2-meter antenna coax assembly,
which has a UMC connector (Ultra Miniature Coaxial) at one end and an SMA at
the other.

More later--

Wayne
N6KR