Jim,

I shudder when you said "SVGA cables".
You need to start with cables that connect all 15 pins straight through. "SVGA cables" have several pins connected together and should not be used.

You have the right source, but I believe CableWholesale.com has both straight through 15 pin cables and SVGA cables. Make certain you have the correct cables.

73,
Don W3FPR