The internal tuner does not change the SWR on the feedline (at the output of the tuner). It will change the SWR that is at the input of the tuner, and that is the SWR indicated by the K3. The W2 is indicating the SWR at the tuner output (and that will not change with tuning).

For those who want to have the feedline SWR and the power output displayed, the W2 is "the way to go", if that does not interest you, then it may not be of value to you.

73,
Don W3FPR