Yesterday I finished building a KX1 and it appeared to be working fine.This
is an older KX1 with 1.01 Firmware.

Today I built the ATU. However on first use with installed ATU I
encountered a problem.

After installing the ATU I turned on the KX1 and selcted "ATU" from the
menu and attempted to start the calibration and alignment. However the word
"End" appeared in the KX1 display, and no amount ob button pressing or knob
turning appears to clear it.

I cycled power, and the display still reads "End".

I removed power, removed the ATU, and turned the radio back on: "End"

I attempted a factory reset by holding down BAND and MENU when powering up.
The display is blank until I release BAND/MENU and then again it displays
"End".

The only reference I could find to an "End" message was if attempted to
tune past limits, and the manual said it would flash. This message does not
flash.

Anyone have any idea what have I done, and how to un-do it?

Thank you -- Paul