I have the the Alex loop and it works well with the kx3.
By minimizing the band width on the kx3 one can tune the loop
without transmitting with a little practice.  I have used the loop  once on
a Sota and I worked about 20 stations on 20 meter cw and usb .  The
contacts were all over the USA.   One nice feature about the loop is that
no ground wire is needed and tune up and band changing takes maybe 20
seconds seconds or less.   I have used a portable tripod that I found at
Fry's.       I am still trying to optimize weight on the tripod etc.   Rich