Hi Mark and all.
Don't being driven nuts, you aren't alone. I have had the same, if not
worse problem here.
The same SO2R setup I have used for JARTS doesn't worked so well
during QTC exchange in TX. The two radio merely hungs when long
messages are TXed, 6/8 times or more over 10 tries.

I partially solved just RXing QTC. I solved a little bit more, but not
fully, Saturday night toward Sunday cutting out the status polling
from the MK2R+ to the radios.

I was able to reproduce the problem at home with a similar setup but a
different computer bot in SO2R and SO1R with N1MM Logger.
A short try with MIXW doesn't gived me any fault code, seems to be working.

But I wouldn't point N1MM Logger, I wouldn't not as I worked So2R
before with it and it worked flawless. Anyway, as I wrote here some
months ago and never received any answer: when the K3  is transmitting
and I send it a CAT command to setup a different RX filter it hung and
badly crash as now. That's horribly wrong and bad to be.
But I could survive it even slapping myself to stop any clicking on
CAT macros that contain any RX  change filter command. Not that good,
but feasible. I wouldn't have bothered that much for an annoying
problem like this. But now it's another song. The K3 proven to be
unreliable under certain conditions.
Anyway with the same contest setup on Monday morning I was so so lucky
to have had a QSO in the furious pile up with XR0ZR. That's just
before to pack all it and be back at home.

Back on today businesses ...
That's, the K3 hungs,  point me to some problems into the CAT
receiving execution commands routines when  in TX ... of ours beloved
K3. I wouldn't say more by now, too early.

I will do some more troubleshooting, first of all folding back to the
previous full FW revision.
There are several things to be cleared out just to be on the safe
side. Differences and particularities aimed around the setup and the
two radio I own may drive some more facts than what I know today. But,
as usual, it could be the more simply thing that fail.

The N1MM Logger group have received by me an informative bug entry.
Filled just to make their known about. I am pretty sure that the
polling from that side is not that much for any radio, as I have used
tons of those - almost all ICOM - with a similar setup and there is
the problem of the CAT commands that make the K3 faulty 10 over 10
attempts.

Yesterday I was too sleepless to be here, find UR mail and answer
back. Hope that we all could solve this severe issue afflicting those
otherwise great radios. I bought the K3 because I ahve seen several
advantages of those against the last couple of IC-7600 I was then
using contesting RTTY.

BTW the summarized setup used in contest and, almost, at home was:
laptop I7, W7 64, N1MM Logger, microham microrouter, MK2R+, two K3.
The MK2R was command the band filters and the sixpack trought the ACC
25 pin connector. Power supply where separated for radios, two - one
PS for each, and one separated PS for accessories, MK2R+, band filters
and so on.
There where two PA's, as I was running HP, but the problem was seen
also at 1 W RF and with the PA's in standby. At home I was using a
radio with a dummy load and one with 1 W on 29 MHz. The two radios
share the same PS, another one not used at the contest site. Even the
PC is a different one, that's a somewhat older desktop that is used
regularly for RTTY DXing and QSO's.

In any case you would have more info please drop me a line. Also out
of the list, pse. Hope to ear from you.

The time would tell us what to do. By now I have two donkeys with 3
legs each. No joy to try out another RTTY contest even without SO2R.
Just in case I have to bubble something with my fat fingers, as also
this fired the problem I have.

             73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS BTW I also have a lot of not TXed QTC, could we arrange some
exchange of those over the pond?

two K3 - single RX, two P3, one KAT500 and one KPA500, no mic, no key
nor paddle, just RTTY forever.
Message: 18