Jim:
Did you press the "Tune" button on the KAT500 before pressing the TUNE button on the K3?
73, Ken K3IU
On 11/12/2013 2:40 PM, Jim Bennett wrote:
Folks, sorry if this has been discussed on the reflector before, but I've
looked through the archives and drew a blank. I know I saw it but try as I may,
can't find any related posts.

I just this week added a KPA500 and KAT500 to my K3 station. Documentation sez that
the KAT500 tunes best when the K3 is set to 25 watts of tune power. OK, got that
set. But, what ideally should happen is that if the amp is in OPER mode and I press
& hold the TUNE button on the K3, the amp should temporarily go to STBY mode
until the tuner has finished doing it's thing. It doesn't - the amp fires out 450 -
500 watts - not cool.

Have I missed a setting somewhere that will make this happen, in case I forget
to put the amp in standby mode, before I run a tune cycle?

Tnx, Jim / W6JHB