Hi all,

My K3 is a #1255.

I've done all the mods myself. I'll give you a roundup of that , with the results:

*Solving a problem:*

- K3 Synth ALC = That was a really necessary one, I had that problem and it needed to be fixed

- K3 external ALC Mod = Necessary since I started to use ALC when I bought rhe KPA500. Before that I used all Amps without ALC. Actually, now Ithat use the KPA500, the ALC is set at such a level that it well never react :-)

- 12V ERR mod (13.8V supply to PA in K3 fails due to bad connectorpins) = Had this problem last year. Decided to make the Field-fix instead of changing the connectors. This means bridging the connectors with a wire. Easy! Good chance that you will run into the problem at some point.

*Improvements:*

- IF output Buffer Gain = Good mod! I am using a softrock and NAP3 for a bandscope om my stations pc

- AF stage upgrade (line out and speaker amp)  = Yes, it helps

- K3DF DSP Low Pass Filter installation = It really makes a difference. *Do this one*. I noticed that I could sit at the K3 for much longer when I participated in a contest.

*
**' Maybe'   Improvements*:

- Front panel Macrophone Circuit MOd = No difference, I had no problems before that but I did this one together with the LPF installation

- Improving Immunity of the rear panel RS232 and audio connectors = No difference because I did not have any problem before the mod.

*
**Precautions*:

- K3 AF amp output mod = just a precaution. Never had a problem since I use stereo computer speakers and not a mono speaker.

- K3 automatic Frond End Protection = Just a precaution. No difference noticed, I did not have a problem before the mod.

I hope this list helps you to decide what to do.

73
Arie PA3A