From: <mikefur...@att.net>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 5:21 PM
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3/Logger 32 Interface issue

What Mike and Fred said. Also look for cables that are shielded. I unknowingly started with a prolific chipset and after loading the driver, the laptop with Win7 functioned so bad, I had to reload the OS. I found a FTDI unit and it works fine BUT the noise level dramatically increased until I replaced them with shielded units. BTW, I have noted that when the prolific chipset is used, it rarely mentioned on the box or by the manufacture. I have also noted that when the FTDI chipset is used, the box/manufacture always does indicate such! Hmmmmmm ...

My Experiences ...

73, Mike WA5POK

Ditch the Prolific adapter and get one with the FTDI chip. And of course the proper driver.

73, Mike NF4L