Dave,

Haven't used a Timewave 599zx with a K3, and only for a half hour or
so with my KX3.

However, I did use the 599zx with an older non-DSP radio for over a
year and it made a tremendous difference in CW (don't operate phone
much, so no comment). But my urban QTH is -very- noisy.

After I got the KX3 I tried it - and it made a slight difference,
maybe. But not enough to bother, so I put it in a box and there it has
stayed. Been planning to sell it one of these days, but, you know...

Note that on the KX3, using CW, I have the bandwidth down to 400Hz or
less, as well as using the NB, Notch, and other tricks. The old radio
had a narrow crystal filter, but the ringing was so bad I could barely
stand listening to it. So it was rarely used. In that situation the
Timewave Audio DSP was very effective.

As to Jim K9YC's comment, I won't argue because I've never used it
with a K3. I would just add that when you live in noise hell, "audio
distortion" is so far down the problem list as to not be relevant.

73 Chris NW6V