Ray & Stephen,

And of course you will need the KXV3 or KXV3A board in your K3. Further,
when you press the RX ANT button for 6, 10, and 12 meters it will be
remembered so that you don't have to push it each time you use those bands.
And lastly, the preamp is activated by a single wire connection to the
accessory socket so that it activated for only those bands where it is used.
When de-activated the preamp has a pass through connection for a separate
receive antenna to be used for the lower frequency bands. The mechanical and
electrical design of the preamp is very well thought out.

If you are already using your accessory socket you'll need a DB15 Y cable
which is available from Elecraft for a reasonable price.

I have the PR6-10 and I am very happy with its performance on all 3 bands.

73,
Mike K2MK

Stephen G4SJP wrote