N1MM Logger is a very sophisticated piece of contesting software that provides logging and computer interfacing for everything from one operator - one rig stations all the way to big multioperator - multi-rig setups in a fully networked environment. Beginning with Version 5.10.17 (the current version is now 5.11.0), the N1MM Logger Contesting Software now includes the Elecraft K2 in the list of radios that can be chosen from the Configuration menu. Until now, K2 users had to pick the generic "Kenwood" radio which used very similar programming commands. At this point, most of the code for the K2 still uses the Kenwood commands but I understand that listing the K2 in the Configuration Options is the first step to writing code that will be more specific to the K2.

If you are currently using an older version of N1MM, I'd encourage you to update to the latest version in order to take advantage of the latest inclusions. Be aware that you must first install version 5.7.2 before you can install the latest version! Carefully read the directions on the site. So you don't loose anything, you could install the new versions in a different directory and play with them for a while.

One item has already been the included for the K2. The "set filter code" for one mode (SSB Wide) is now K2 specific (K22;FW99991;K0;) - the rest of the filter codes are still in Kenwood format. If you are interested in knowing more about setting the filter codes, you could check out my little very non-technical treatise in the N1MM help files and quickly set the codes for SSB Narrow, CW Wide, etc. To access this file go to www.n1mm.com and select "Support" and then "Supported Radios" from the menus at the top of the main page - then scroll to "Elecraft."

Apparently a number of other items have already been "fixed" that allow for better control over "split" functions and the use of the K2 in Single Operator Two Radio (SO2R) contesting. More will likely follow with new releases. The N1MM Logger is freeware and available for download at www.n1mm.com.

It's nice to see the K2 getting recognized as a serious contesting radio!

I don't have any affiliation with the group, just am a very satisfied user of the program. 73 es gud contesting and dxing -- Don N4HH