Occasionally, at 100W I get the internal keyer locking up, sending a string
of dits.  Having now built the KPA500/KAT500, it is now happening often
enough for me to worry more about it - it is, in fact, quite embarrassing!
When it happens it always sends dits and can be stopped by a further tap of
either paddle (Begali).  I'm using the cable supplied with the Begali, with
it wrapped around a 'significant' ferrite (appropriate material type) just
before it enters the socket on the back of the K3.

Despite the origin of the cable, I shall try another one that I know is
well-shielded, but wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem?

73 Stephen G4SJP