Kurt,

I have 5 separate wire antennas: a 160M Inv-L, a 80M inv-L, a 40M
vert, a 30M vert & a 20M vert. I've got 45 or so long radials
attached to a radial plate. An Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch
allows me to select which of the 5 antennas to use. I have no
external tuner to the K3. I use those antennas for these bands. I do
have an internal tuner in the K3 to make its circuitry happy & not
fold back power.

16o Inv-L = 160M, 15M, 12M, 10M +6M
80 Inv-L = 80M, 17M + 12M
40M vert = 40M + 15M
30M vert = 30M
20M vert = 20M

SWR readings via a LP-100A Watt Meter
160M = 1.19 SWR
80M = 1.70
40M = 1.48
30M = 2.05
20M = 1.79
17M = 1.29 (80M inv-L)
15M = 2.39 (160M inv-L) + 1.12 (40M Vert)
12M = 2.38 (160M inv-L) + 1.69 (80M Inv-L)
10M = 1.91 (160M Inv-L)
6M = 1.45 (160M Inv-L)

I have no problem loading my tube amp into this system and on 15M &
12M I listen on each of the two antenna options for the loudest
signal that I want to work & use that antenna. Though I do get 6M,
there's enough coax loss that I don't bother doing much on 6M other
than give out points for those in 6M contests that can hear me.
Pretty much though if I can hear it I can work it (unless it's a
pileup on a new DXpedition, then I have to wait till those with nice
beams start to taper off) Hihi.

I would like 1.1 across the bands but I don't know that it will make
any difference on either end. YMMV

Just another option
73,

Gary
KA1J

<snip>
> I´ve decided to get a
> K3, but before
> that, I need an antenna. The K3 (with amp) outputs 100W. I´m
> pretty sure
> that I´m going with an inverted-L antenna, which requires a remote
> antenna
> tuner at its base. One promising remote tuner
> is the SG-230, but it can only handle "80
> watts continuous." My question: In CW mode, how much power does
> the K3
> output? (assuming worst-case key down 100%).
>
> If the answer is "100W", what remote tuner are you guys
> using with inverted-Lsand your K3s? Yes, I know that the K3 can have
> a built-in tuner, but I
> don´t think it can work with an
> inverted-L.
>
> Kurt - currently call-sign-less, but who was once WB6DSW.

---
is active.