Howdy Gang:

As the subject says, have you ever had a WOW moment using QRP on the bands??

I just did as I answered a very weak response to my CQ on 21.060 at 1613Z.

G3YPZ called and I couldn't really couldn't copy much until I got him zero beat
and turned on the APF in my KX3.

Finally got his call and then copied just about 100% of his transmissions from
then on.

Turns out that John was running a K3  at 100mw!!  Of course the fact that he
had a 2 element quad certainly helped but I can't recall ever working a DX
station when he was running so little power.

Solar Flux today is only at 123 so condx not great but 15m can be magical at
times.

This QRP stuff is amazing...we can be thankful to Wayne and Eric for such
superb equipment that allow us to work farther with less these days.

I harken back to my beginning days as a Novice with a homebrew 6V6 and S77
Hallicrafters receiver...amazing that I made any QSOs back then in 1962!!

                        73, Joe W2KJ
                        I QRP, therefore I am