Today I called Yamaha parts dept. to order pads for my CM500. I was told they don't supply any parts for that headset, but if the pads break down within warranty they will just replace the entire headset. My son in law does part time work for Yamaha, and verified that they work this way with almost everything.

I checked other routes, but came up empty.Headphones.com had nothing close. The closest I could find were at Scan Sound.com:

http://www.scansound.com/index.php/headset-cushions/leatherette-headset-cushions/teardrop-shaped-leatherette-cushions-for-wireless-headphones.html

They are 80mm wide, so would probably rip while trying to stretch them over the 95mm diam. Yamaha.If anyone is successful with these or other similar type pads, please post it. It seems our choices are live with what we have, use disposable covers, or purchase a new CM500.

It would be nice to know how those covers affect comfort and audio, since the ear normally is inside the outer pad, next to the transducer.

73, Jim

W6YA