>>"Phil asked about "this clock", and since there is only one clock on that
>>site which is a kit, I am pretty sure that we're discussing the clock built
>>from this manual. Please read it before deciding how it keeps time.

... well, there appear to be at least two clocks on the tubeclock.com
website. One that uses the IN-12, and one that uses the IN-14 nixie
tube. There is also another totally separate business (KABtronics)
that sells a discrete nixie clock kit at tube-clock.com.

The tubeclock.com website is confusing. In the manual for the IN-12
clock, the utility 60Hz is used for the time base. The website's FAQ
says, "The IN-14 clocks use a crystal oscillator to keep track of
time. The default accuracy of the oscillator is 20 parts per million
(0.002%)."

The tube-clock.com website which has the totally discrete nixie clock
uses the utility 60 (or 50) Hz as a timebase.

Mark AD5SS