While it is true that, for a station receiving via skywave on the HF bands, the path loss will usually drive the noise from a Flex TX below the distant stations noise floor, let us not forget those within range of the ground wave.

For those, the noise from a Flex at 100w, at -77 dBc (which is -27 dBm), can be quite substantial. Recall that S9 is approx -72 dBm. A Flex is transmitting wideband S9+45 noise.

I would think that a Flex would be absolutely intolerable for any event involving nearby stations, such as Field Day.

And I would think anyone running a Flex who happens to have neighbors within a few miles would not be a popular fellow.

73 de dave
ab9ca/4