On Nov 17, 2005, at 3:21 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I use two K2s in SO2R, mostly on the same band.
Each K2 has an SPDT relay at the antenna socket - If #1 K2 is
transmitting, #2 K2 has a short across the antenna socket.
Within a few kHz, there is total muting.   Great for 80m sprints.

Technically, this isn't a true SO2R setup -- when rig A is transmitting, you can't receive with rig B. Although, that's really difficult to accomplish with rigs in the same band.

I'm using the W4AN arrangement - #1 rig both ears, both rigs, one in
each ear (key line defeated for both) #2 rig both ears.

When Bill introduced me to SO2R operation in 1995, he made the comment that he had practiced enough with two radios that he nearly always left the switch in the center position, with one rig in each ear. It did give him a headache doing this for 48 hours straight....

When your 'run' slows down, this arrangement lets you search for
multipliers on the same band in between CQs, and enables you to
check adjacent bands as well.

In a true SO2R setup, you can search for mults and Qs WHILE you are transmitting a CQ.

I have used this set-up with a pair of barefoot K2s in QRP contests
only.   Also, there are two sets of antennas, 80m through 10m, 100
metres apart.

I use a simple SO2R setup. All the good antennas are connected to the K2/100. The second rig is a Kenwood TS-430S and is hooked up to an R7000 about 36m away from the tower. I also have a low dipole I can share between the K2 and the Kenwood.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901