To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Ham Radio Deluxe and KX3 Radio

The KX3 can be keyed using the "KY" command, but I do not think HRD/DM780 implements that command - few applications do.
The easiest solution is to use the K1EL Winkeyer.
HRD/DM780 can also send CW using a serial port, but that is a different port than is used for rig control, and you need something like the 'one transistor keying interface' to make the RS-232 signal levels into on-off switching needed to key the rig.

73,
Don W3FPR