If Howard is correct on the output level, it's a little low for the
K3EXREF's input.  From the manual:

Connect the external 10 MHz signal source to the K3 rear panel REF.
connector. The 10 MHz source should have a signal level between +4 dBm
and +16 dBm, nominal. For square wave sources, 2VDC to 3.3VDC peak is
optimum. If the source is a 5V logic level, use a 50-ohm resistor in
series with the input. Caution: To avoid damage to the K3EXREF, do not
exceed these levels.

Many K3EXREF users have Trimble Thunderbolt units.  These work quite
well and have an output level of about 12.5 dBm, sine wave.
Thunderbolt units can be acquired surplus for $40 - $100 and are
readily available on eBay, etc.  I'd recommend you buy one of the
later models, because these have an integrated 12V-input power supply.

73,
matt W6NIA