Bill,

Thanks for sharing this.

Anyway, stray rf or no stray rf, it must be solved. We'll see what the engineers of Elecraft come up with.

73
Arie PA3A

Bill W2BLC schreef op 10-1-2014 13:09:
<snip>
Just for grins, I connected my faithful properly designed mil-spec 50 Ohm dummy load to antenna output connector #3 on the KAT500. I then transmitted a signal on 3900, allowing the tuner to do its thing (per proper instructions). Then I proceeded to talk to myself for a couple of minutes on the dummy load - mimicking a QSO. Sure enough - the tuner did its usual hunt and seek retune after about 40 seconds. This is the same it does when actually on the air with a real antenna connected.
<snip>
Bill W2BLC K-Line(?)