For about a decade or more, I have been using a homebrew interface between my K2 and laptop that consists of three wires wrapped together and terminating at the mic connection, with transmit audio and ptt to the appropriate mic connector pins, and RX audio coming thru an unused pin (I think an up down pin or another not usually needed) with a rather easy mod involving the internal mic jumper plug, and one short wire to an audio source near the audio volume control on the K2. The only additional parts needed are a very simple pull down transistor circuit in the ptt circuit and an 600/600 ohm isolation transformer with two rf bypass caps, and a simple two resistor transmit audio level pad. This "interface" costs less than $15 and a few hours work. With this set up, I have worked over 260 rtty countries at 5 or fewer watts with my K2 and MMTTY, RITTY (by K6STI-no longer supported) and N1MM sofytware. There is absolutely no need for any fancy interfaces, but of course you must be willing to disconnect your interface from the K2 mic connector if you want to work SSB.

73. Dave, K2YG
On 1/14/2014 12:00 PM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 4
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:07:09 -0500
From: Don Wilhelm<w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: Vince Santis<vinsan...@sbcglobal.net>,elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 and Ten Tec  USB digital interface

Vince,

I can't say for certain because there is very little information on the
website - no schematic or wiring information.

Any interface that provides audio in and out and keying can be made to work.

One thing for certain is that you would have to make an adapter(s) for
the audio in and out and keying to connect to the K2 mic jack, headphone
jack and key jack (although PTT could be applied through the mic jack).

73,
Don W3FPR