What is CAL CUR set to? HI CUR may be normal.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mark Bayern
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 6:19 PM
To: Elecraft Discussion List
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 L20 questions

I'm looking over my ebay purchased K2 trying to determine what might
cause HI-CUR alarms during transmit.

Two problems: T4 is wound with green wire, and only green wire which
makes it difficult to check the turns ratio! Looks like I'll have to
remove it and rewind it.

The other visible 'problem' is L20.  For some reason it is a
physically smaller toroid than the others (L16, L17, L18, L19). Is
this a problem? The coloring is the same, grey overall with a red band
on the outer edge. It seems to me that physical size should matter in
this case.

Mark  AD5SS