On 1/17/2014 23:53, Dick Dievendorff wrote:
> My K3 back panel has two 1/4 inch key jacks, one for a paddle, one for a
> straight key.  I plug a paddle into one, and the keying line from my computer
> into the other.  I have a vibroplex bug and plan to put a 1/4 inch mono Y
> adapter plug into the straight key socket.

OK, this was helpful Dick. And Merv K9FD reminding me to RTFM. But I
believe what he said was re-re-read the page 17 and rear-apron
drawings/words .. as that page WAS op and does have a ot of dirty
fingerprints of mine.

By re-arraigning the two outputs-to-PTT, that I see on the K3,
as-well-as removing a superfluous Key-Out I used to go down to the
KAT500, I was able to insert my straight key in "KEY, use it and have
the correct K3 PTT-out places actually ALL come on and ALL key the
sequencer chain.

It was NOT the case before.

Before, a foot switch press, a cw-key press and a command to transmit
from the JT65 soundcard input did not all have the same effect on
allowing the sequencer to make the decision.

thanks again.