I'd been looking at cheap and dirty between another TTL level device to the KX3 (I presume the KXPA100 is similar). The KX3 schematic looks as if the putput may go as high as +12V, but a series resistor and diode clamp at +5V should protect a TTL equivalent input. I used to know good values, but it's been a long time since I messed with this. But a 2K2 series resistor, and a Schottky diode clamp should win, but that's just what leaps to mind, please check your application.

Don has indicated that the significant circuit is an Elecraft "standard", but I wouldn't mind getting verification that the KXPA100 is the same.
73, doug