Hi Jim,
Expanding a bit on Joe's and Jim's response, the utility saves the images as
.PNG if you want perhaps a .JPG image view the image in your computers preview
software and then "save as" what file format you want. For example the Apple
will view the .PNG images from the P3 utility and let you save it as .TIFF,
.PDF or .JPG.  If you have a version of Photoshop it will allow you to save the
image in a mind blowing number of formats and various versions of those formats.

Hope this helps,
73,
Bill-AK5X

On Jan 23, 2014, at 12:15 PM, Paul Saffren N6HZ <pa...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> The SVGA card actually performs its own, wider FFT of the I/Q data developed
> in the P3 front end.  If you want to take a picture of the SVGA screen, plug
> a FLASH drive into the USB connector on the back of the P3/SVGA and then use
> the Ubmp selection under the SVGA sub-menu.  If you want to take a picture
> of the P3 display, use the P3 Utility and select the Capture Image tab.
>
> -Paul
>

> --

Bill Hammond
wham...@aol.com