Hi all,
This may sound odd but I am thinking of operating from a spoils island off
the intercoastal waterway here in South Texas for next Field Day.  My
station would have to be whatever I could pack into my sea kayak.  I want to
use my K2 and am now considering what options to bring.  I have used the
KAT2 in my K2 for many years and have never had a problem with it, but would
like a better (more accurate) way of measuring power.  I would like to use
my WM-1 wattmeter with the K2/KAT2.  But I would need to insert it between
the K2 and the KAT2 in order for it to see 50 Ohms.  I am thinking of doing
one of the following, but don't know if this is feasible.

1) Disconnect the KAT2 RF IN cable from the AUX RF socket on the K2
motherboard.  Then wire the KAT2 RF IN cable directly to a BNC connector on
the back of the K2 in one of the transverter holes.  I would then connect
the WM-1 input to the K2 RF output BNC, and connect the WM-1 output to the
newly installed BNC on the back of the K2.

2) Remove the KAT2 from the K2 and install it in its own case.  Then use the
KIO2 and its cable so the K2 can communicate with the KAT2.

So far I am leaning toward option one to keep it simple.

Of course I could just buy a T1 and that would also solve my problem. ;8)

Regards,
Steve, W2MY/5