J-F,

The AGC Threshold setting between 3.74 and 3.8 volts should work just fine - do not exceed 3.8 volts. If set too low, the CAL S LO and CAL S-HI settings get out of hand.

Your CAL S-LO setting of 182 is not unusual, but your CAL S-HI setting is lower than usual - and that is the reason for your overly active S-meter.

If you have a signal source that will produce a 50 mV output (-73 dBm) use that to set CAL S-HI when tuned to that signal with the preamp on. Set CAL S-HI for an S-9 reading on the K2 display. If you do not have an S-9 signal source, first set the RF Gain fully CCW and adjust CAL S-HI for a full scale reading on the Bargraph. In the next step, do not go any higher than that setting. Lastly try a CAL S-HI setting between 18 and 25 and see what the S-meter readings produce with signals on the air.
When you are satisfied with the S-meter activity, stop and enjoy your K2.

Your voltage readings are within the range of normalcy.

73,
Don W3FPR