I agree.

If there were a few HEO birds in the sky, maybe that sliver of the market which
is not happy with either DC-to-daylight rigs or transverters would be large
enough for someone (hopefully Elecraft) to produce such a rig -- I'd love to
have one.   But for now....

Personally, I'd like to see the continued improvements in the K-line (and
market pressures) lead to a K4 -- say starting with a K3, adding a USB3
interface for CAT control, FSK+CW keying, onboard sound interface, and P3-like
video output, perhaps expanded to dongle-like DC-to-daylight receive.  Maybe an
HDMI-out option for external video and sound display, or even (using either
regular Ethernet or Ethernet-over-HDMI) optional integrated remoting.

While I'm OK with 100W out, I wouldn't mind energy being spent on a 200W
option.  And yes, maybe support for two or three onboard transverters, perhaps
eventually releasing optional 222, 432, and/or 900MHz modules in addition to
2m, if enough VHF/UHF demand could be found.

Hey, I can dream.  :)

--
Michael / N1EN