I, for one, would be interested in an Elecraft solution.  In my case I own
a IC-9100 which I use mostly for satellite work (it is lacking on the HF
side especially compared to my K3).   I'd love to see something small like
a K3, but something that allowed plug in modules like 2m/70cm/23cm/etc.  I
would hope it would allow about 50 watts of output (rather than the 20w of
the transverter).  And like others, I'm not looking for another "does
everything in one box" radio, but a VHF/UHF/SHF rig.

The 9100 is a pretty large radio, great for home use, but not so hot for
portable operation.  It also is a power hog on receive..  I'd like to see
something smaller and much lighter for use in the field.

73, Bob, WB4SON