.  2/1/2014 9:43 AM, Rick Stealey wrote:
Some great photos

Best evidence of the success of this operation is that they are working most of NA on 160M, including me on Friday morning. From my QTH, that is 11,360 miles. For W0, it's another 1,000 miles or so (and approximately the antipode)
.
This is a VERY well run Expedition. Great overall management, great techically, great operators. They are studying (and carefully observing) propagation, and putting their stations on bands, and pointing antennas to directions, that give the greatest number of hams a new country. FT5ZM is the other side of the world from NA, but they are putting Qs in the log on the most difficult bands, 80 and 160, by working the east coast around 00-02Z, and the west coast 13-16Z.

And they are just getting started -- as I understand it, they have several more weeks on the island!

73, Jim K9YC