To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 12:20 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] re "No. 5607 first contact QRP"

Same feeling here. I run a K3/KPA500 at the home QTH (in Colo.) but built a KX3 (s/n 5411) to take with me for the few weeks when I am working away from home (in NY). With the simplest low dipole it's a kick to work the world with 5 watts - and even more so to sneak through a pile-up. As a new QRPer myself I was attracted by the "KMPW" challenge (though I can't recall who's sponsoring it) - "thousand miles per watt." I am at a little over 0.9 KMPW with the KX3 so far; I heard that someone did a 9,000 mile QSO with 500 mw, for 18KMPW.

Edward ("Ted"), KN1CBR