Friends,
     Surely you can understand that there are going to be hiccups with Beta
firmware.    I seldom use Beta Firmware because I want to avoid hiccups.
Then even with the final version of the update there are people using the
products in so many different iterations that there may well be items they
wish were different.    Perhaps these too are hiccups.    I think you would
find the same thing with the TT Orion II which I presently own.    Perhaps
the major difference being that Elecraft continues to develop the K3 while I
think the Orion II is passing from production.

      I am so grateful for the development policy of Elecraft.   If I
thought the K3 was shortly to be bypassed by a newer rig then I would not
have encouraged a good French Ham friend to purchase one.    It greatly
pleases me to see that the K2 is approaching 7k something with its number
and that the K3 has passed 8K for serial number.

      I also use the KX1 and KX3.   The KX1 is not so much an SDR though it
too has been updated - nice wee rig.    I must admit that what Wayne said is
true the KX3 is not much larger.   Perhaps twice the volume but all bands
and modes with a speaker - it does it all.    I managed FT5ZM this morning
on 12M CW running 5 W using this great rig.   This on the third call.

       So with respect Elecraft let the wind blow through your hair and
continue along the path you have pioneered.     You are blowing them all to
the side.   No obsolescence, oh I like your approach.   For me the reason to
own a K3 is almost as much the company as the radio.   You guys have a great
philosophy and approach to engineering.

        One man's opinion and others have theirs.    I learn from all of
you.   Enjoy your radios and keep up the commentary.

                  73 Doug EI2CN