-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bekir Kemal Ataman
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:58 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K2 with MacOS Classic

>> I am afraid vintage Macs do not have an RS232 port ;-)
>
>If you don't have an RS232 port, you don't have a DTR to connect to, and
you
>won't be keying your K2 that way.

I must have misexpresed myself. Sorry about that. The Macs do have a serial
port but the connector is not an RS232. I do not know what they are called
but they are cylindrical in shape, like the mouse connectors on PCs and
they have got 8 pins in them. One of them gives the DTR.

>All computer keyers are "straight key" to the K2, iambic is only for manual
>paddles. Alternatively, some control programs tell the K2 to send the code,
>but sending "KEY THIS" commands over the RS-232.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

73!
BKA (TA2RX)