Hi,

I just bought a used P3 with SVGA card and am experiencing something
interesting on 160M: When on all other bands the P3 display presents
with an appropriate S meter reading on the left of the P3 monitor but
on 160 my S level in the K3 is S10+ but the P3 display does not
display higher than S9 so all I can see is the noise level, no
signals.

When going to all other bands the P3 acts as expected and the S meter
on the P3 shows: +35 on 80M, +50 on 60M, +35 on 40M, +60 on 30M, +35
on 20M, +40 on 17M, +45 on 15M, +35 on 17M, +20 on 10M and +35 on 6M
- All of these bands I see a waterfall display.

When the K3 is on 160M, all you see are the lower yellow tips of the
RF moving at the top of the VGA, no S readings are displayed on the
left side of the VGA monitor.

On the P3 monitor it is all blue, pink where the waterfall should be
and the highest reading displayed on the left is S9.

When I switch to 160M I can immediately see there are signals on 160
but the reading floats to the top in about 2-3 seconds.

Is there a setting I haven't come across yet to address this?

73,

Gary
KA1J

---