On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:43:33 -0800, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> The K3, KPA500, and KAT500 all have new beta firmware releases available.
> All three must be updated to take advantage of these major improvements to
> the KAT500 and KPA500. All known problems with unwanted re-tuning and
> faults have been fixed.

Wayne,

Can you give us the rundown on how much, if any, improvement those of us who use
a non-E radio should see when using the KAT/KPA500 combo?  Are there any
enhancements we will see with these firmware updates?  I have seen some random
retuning for what seemed like no good reason.  For that reason, I run in manual
mode after making sure it is tuned right for where I am in the bands.

Any special procedures for us?  I probably won't do the updates until they are
non-beta, but would like to know what's coming.

Gary