Please explain what you mean by "getting only a couple resistance measurements"
Does that mean that only a couple are correct?
Or does it mean that you can only accomplish a couple resistance measurements? A resistance measurement of zero is a valid measurement, and generally indicates a short unless the expected resistance is zero. A resistance measurement greater than the set range of your ohmmeter may also be valid, just increase the ohmmeter range to obtain a measurement.

Be aware of the ">" sign in the expected measurement - that means 'greater than'. A measurement considerably greater than that value is OK.

A lot depends on your particular ohmmeter. Consult the meter's instructions to see how it displays values greater than the set range.

What I am saying is that you may or may not have a problem, but you did not convey enough information to make a valid decision.

73,
Don W3FPR