K3-100 sn 7901 is working great; I am still in the learning cycle, but I have noticed an interesting and slightly disturbing thing about the rf output levels.

During measurement with an external (HP) power meter, the power output increases rapidly for about 10 seconds and then slows and eventually settles, with small variations from every few seconds afterwards. For example, to achieve a 5 watt reading on the power meter, the initial setting on the K3 is 4.3, and within 10 seconds must be reduced to 3.9 to maintain 5 watts output. (Watt meter calibration has not yet been performed.) This occurs to similar extents at all power levels, i.e., to maintain an even power level, the K3 setting must be reduced over the first 10 seconds or so. My K2 does much the same thing. Is there an explanation for this behavior?

Dave, K2YG