The power lead/barrel connector on the second #2334 KX3 is starting to intermittently drop out. Most notable if you remove the internal batteries and try and operate from a supply only. It seems it is the socket itself that is duff. Yes using the Elecraft power leads not something homebrewed.

I am thinking it might be worth removing the socket, fitting a couple of power poles on a pig tail, and a grommet where the original socket was.

Anyone else done anything similar?

A second wash with iso propyl alcohol and the KX3 I thought wind blown sand had killed (#1082) seems fine now... there was a lot of dirt/dust that had not previously been removed.

72

Dom
M1KTA