I've never connected a serial cable to the KPA500, I built it and used whatever Elecraft had loaded. I'd like to update the FW now. The current cabling is:

PC --> PigKnob gizmo --> P3 --> K3 and it all works fine. The KAT500 serial connection is a separate adapter ... a little annoying but I can live with it.

Can I do:

PC --> PigKnob gizmo --> P3 --> KPA500 --> K3 or do I need a separate USB adapter for the KPA500?

I'd just go try it out except the backside of my radio isn't real accessible and gives totally new meaning to the term "wireless" so I thought I'd ask first.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org