I'm regrettably selling my one prized possession, KX3 #288. My KX3 was one
of the first kits shipped during the production. The radio was built with
all the available options: ATU, Battery Charger, Roofing filter, keyer
paddle, and microphone. The 2m module is not yet available but it can be
added to this radio when it is if you desire.

The build of this actual radio was documented live on Ustream.com and that
video is archived here (3 hours):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23127348

Some things to note about the pedigree of this particular radio: the fit
and finish of the case has changed through the production of the radios and
the early ones had less clearance around the speaker which can cause some
vibrations at higher volumes. On my radio, I used a couple pieces of
electrical tape to dampen that which worked fine but the radio will come
with that tape intact, do not be surprised.

Current radios also ship with a different VFO which offers a "free
spinning" VFO whereas this radio has a much stiffer feel, which is great
for portable ops. The current VFO is available from Elecraft for a small
fee. Also, an additional filtering component was added to the BNC connector
on recent radios which gave better performance on the VLF bands, and this
radio does not have that either. Again, this can be purchased from Elecraft
as well.

As is, the radio has the same amazing performance as the current production
radios. This radio has seen SOTA summits, park benches, cars, and all kinds
of exciting operating locations. Still, it shows very little wear. There's
a tiny ding on the display protector but its only noticeable in the right
light. Other than that I don't know of any other defects. Operating
performance is 10/10.

I did have a bit of a mishap while mobile once and the mic cable got a bit
melted in 2 places, but the insulation is intact and it does not affect the
operation of the mic.

The radio comes as pictured below including the following accessories:

   - Hand Mic
   - Keyer paddle (with original hardware and upgraded hardware as provided
   by Elecraft) with a nice little zip up case
   - 2x power cables with powerpole connectors (only one pictured)
   - 2x 1.5mm - 3.5mm stereo cables (I used one for the IQ output and the
   other as a keyline for a custom 100w amplifier which I will be selling
   separately)
   - Construction manual
   - Operating manual
   - Manual errata and bulletins, original battery retainer removed when
   the charger was installed
   - USB communications cable
   - Original box
   - BNC cover (not original equipment)
   - Lowepro Edit-150 backpack which fits the KX3 and accessories like it
   was made for it. The bag is $50 new. Here's a video of how the KX3 fits
   in there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6elMOwmShto

I don't know what else to say. The radio has treated me so well, it is a
real shame to see it go, but my operating habits are changing and the
ergonomics of this radio just don't fit my operating style anymore. I'm
certain it will provide tons of great contacts and experiences to its next
owner.

For more videos of the radio in action, please check out these:

   - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Dl2ys3J3g
   - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2ORAqLABgA

The price for a brand new radio today with these options is $1,465.

*I am asking $1275, including shipping and paypal fees.  $55 for the stand
(see below). If you wish to pay by postal money order, the price is reduced
by $15. *
If you have any questions about the radio, do not hesitate to email:
tom.cam...@gmail.com. Phone calls also accepted at 402.522.6743.

Here's some pictures:

[image: Click image for larger version.  Name: DK9Qsl7.jpg  Views: 113
Size: 681.3 KB  ID:
169766]<http://forums.qrz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=169766&d=1392509565>

[image: Click image for larger version.  Name: dw97FT6.jpg  Views: 90
Size: 777.7 KB  ID:
169767]<http://forums.qrz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=169767&d=1392509613>

[image: Click image for larger version.  Name: goLzaqC.jpg  Views: 93
Size: 953.1 KB  ID:
169768]<http://forums.qrz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=169768&d=1392509645>
Finally, I have a beautiful custom made solid oak stand, built by NM0S,
which (if purchased) would be shipped separately. This is available for $55
shipped.
[image: Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20121002_180549.jpg

[image: Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20121002_180711.jpg
73, W0EA
TJ
----
QRP ARCI #14612 | CW Ops #953 | SKCC #4593T
NAQCC #3768 | Flying Pigs QRP #2254
Elecraft KX3 SN 288
http://W0EA.us
*Because QRO is too easy*