Stan,

I am not certain why you are confused. That mod has been incorporated into all K3s beginning in September 2009. If you purchased your K3 after that, the mod is already included.

To Elecraft's benefit, upgrade mods like this one are provided at modest cost for owners of K3s that were purchased prior to the inclusion of a modification. That way all older K3s can be kept up to date if the owner desires to add the mods.

73,
Don W3FPR